Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2017

What's On My Plate? Week of 01.15.2017

Spring semester begins Tuesday. I have one more day of chillin' out and then back to the grind!  I've only received one syllabus thus far and it was enough to scare me! So I planned my meals out accordingly.

Sunday.  Green Bay Packers Football!  You'd think I'd be a true blue Cowboys fan living in the metroplex, but I'm not.   Mainly I dislike Jerry Jones.  Still holding a hard grudge over the way he fired Tom Landry.   And well, my dad is from Mississippi and so is Brett Farve, so we've been Packers fans for a long time, beyond his retirement, obviously.

I can't decide how I'd like this to go.   Dak is from Mississippi State and well I'd be happy for him to win, his rookie year.  That would be exciting because this season has been our of Jerry Jones' control. Romo injured, again, nothing new.  Dak had to play.   It's been an interesting season for the Cowboys.

If they keep winning, I'd be okay with that.

On the other hand, I like Green Bay for the win.  It would be such a historic year if they win this game, then go on to win the Atlanta game.   That would all hinge on Kansas City beating Pittsburg, and the Patriots, then Green Bay would play Kansas City in the super bowl!  Historic.

Anyway, all of that to say it's been a dreary weekend in Dallas.  Foggy. Rainy. Meh.  Football and cold winter days call for soup.   One of my favorite football day soups is from Eat Live Run.  Black Eyed Pea Stew.  It hits the spot every time!  Sometimes I make it with cornbread, other times I skip the collards and roast cabbage.  I add that to the bottom of the bowl before ladling the soup over it.   Mmmmm.... cold night calls for comfort foods.

Monday is my last day off.  It's possible we'll have left over Black Eyed Pea Stew or I may make another staple soup.   Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, from Damn Delicious.  This has everything. Chicken, Rosemary, Brininess,  Carrots, Celery, Orzo, so yum!

Tuesday is my first day of class.  So far no syllabi so I'm not sure what I'm up against.  I've decided o another Damn Delicious recipe, it's an all in one pan, so that's always a bonus on class days.  Garlic Ranch Chicken and Veggies.    I'll need the comfort of carrots and potatoes by the end of the day.   I'm already stressed out about Contemporary Math; Homework and Quizzes and Preview Chapters, Oh My!!

Wednesday The Adhesive will be at a youth event where they will go out to dinner.  Hubs and I will have a meal before we go work out.   Spaghetti and meat sauce packed with veggies (onions, bell pepper, zucchini), and crusty sourdough bread.  Then a hard workout at the gym! Leg Day!


Thursday I'll have a better grasp of my assignment schedule and fill out my bullet journal and hope to get ahead in a few of my classes if that is allowed. At least the reading and writing parts.  My family is a fan of Breakfast For Dinner.   This week I will make Protein Pancakes with Kodiak Cake Mix, Eggs, and Sausage Patties.

Friday is Pizza Night!  New York Style Pizza is my favorite.  Nearly cracker thin and crunchy yet chewy, yeasty and salty.  And just cheese.  I like a good veggie pizza, I also like anchovies.  That's the only "meat" I prefer.  Because I'm a 'just cheese' kind of gal.

I don't have a #SalsaIsAVegetable Pinterest account yet.  Until then, check out this pizza board.


That's what's on my plate this week!  What's on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment