Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

Are you resolved or resolving?

I'm a planner.  I have planners.  I have Erin Condren Planners, Day Designer Planners, Power Sheets. I have a Type B Planner, yet, I am a Type A person.  Yea, I write things down.  Everything, in a bullet journal.  The main way my to-do list, assignment schedule, appointments, homework load, goal reviews, miles get logged, menus get planned is because I write it down.   It is not fancy or pretty.  I purchased an Eccolo Journal on a whim and began scribbling things down at the beginning of the 2016 Fall Semester.

Paper and pencil, well pens.  Lots and lots of pens.  I may or may not have a problem.

I wrote a review of 2016, I wrote down what worked and what didn't.  I wrote down what I needed to accomplish in 2017 and where I need to improve.

After years of "dieting" and injury and "dieting" and injury.  I decided to do something different.   I tore my knee, in three places and went to physical therapy and started over again with C25K.

Although I made the lofty goal (again) of running 1000 miles in 2016, after my knee tear during marathon training, I settled for 300.  If I could run 50 miles in a month, that would be good.  I ended up with 600.  Yay!

Other health goals: 

Nourish/fuel my body (done)
Drink more water  (done)
Meal Plan/Prep (not as well as I'd like)

Education goals: 

Maintain 3.25 GPA or higher (3.67, still mad about that B)
Enroll in summer classes (done)
Attend tutoring (done)

Less is more goals:

Clear the clutter  (done)
Less screens  (not as well as I'd like)
Project 333  (done)

You notice that? Three goals in three categories.  Not an underwhelming list of fluff.  Also not an overwhelming list too out of reach or out of scope.

This year I've done the same.  Top Three:

Health Goals:

Nourish/Hydrate
Run 850 miles
Rest as needed (also known as when)

Education Goals:

Maintain 3.67 GPA or higher
Enroll in summer classes at TWU
Set timer for study time.

Less Is More Goals/More Is Best:
[Continue] Project 333 >
< Yoga/Downtime
Structured time >
Less screens <


I've read Ann VosKamps blog for several years and most of her books, over the past few years she's blogged about resolutions or what she calls SOULutions. I wrote mine out (again) this year.

Embrace Imperfect
Engage Silence (Reflect in the eyes of souls, not screens)
Be Still
Believe The Best
Break Free
Daily 3 for 10
Do Hard Things
Let Go Of The Outcome
Learn To Endure
Live Hopefully
Give Away
Grow In Grace

What are you resolved to accomplish this year?   What are your #SOULutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment