Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

The One Where I Rub It In!

As promised my dry rub recipe for chicken.  In years past I've used a blend called Southwest Seasoning from Whole Foods.  However it hasn't been offered at my "local" store in several years, so I had to make my own!




I remembered a few of the ingredients and tweaked it until I had it just right, with my own twists of course!

1 Tablespoon Mortons Season All
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1.5 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Dark Roast Coffee Grounds








The cumin and smoked paprika really set this rub off making the chicken have that grilled or liquid smoked flavor.   The surprise ingredients are of course cinnamon and coffee.   I was surprised myself when I read cinnamon on the Southwest Seasoning bottle however it gives it that but of a sweet finish.   The coffee adds to the richness.

I use it on chicken, ribs, pork chops and Chicken Lime Stew.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment